Saturday, January 7, 2017

Spinning Compass

     As I've come into age, in a clumsy third blind mice kind of way, I have been bombarded with so many questions about who I am and who I want to be and where I see myself in ten years. I can barely decide what I want to make for lunch, let alone plan my life 10 years from now!  I have done some research and finally got some answers. Not enough, but it'll do for now.  So, where are these questions coming from? From the same place that sells us music, fashion, past times, food, cars, etc.
     As millennials we are told "do you boo", but "do it our way". 18-35 is the age group (millennials) that is the targeted demographic for almost every media outlet pushing for you to pick who's side of this debacle you're on between JLo, Rhianna and Drake. As if any one of them have ever sent me a text asking about my current dating life. 
     From the "pick a major" discussion with your high school guidance counselor to the most recent "what are you doing with your life?" Facebook posts, we've been pulled and pushed in so many directions. WE as a collective have the power and means to stop and say "I just want to be me!" and go on to create yourself. We don't HAVE to follow in our predecessors paths. There are college majors that don't even have job opportunities available yet! We can be whoever we want to be and love each other for it. 
      I've been reflecting on the last 23 years of my life and I finally know who I am and what I'm capable of. I want to inspire and motivate and radiate love. I want to do what feeds my soul and makes a positive difference. Help maintain a beautiful planet, stay fashion forward, be up to date with current events, read as many books as I can, travel the world and stand strong in my faith. If that all screams millennial then I'll shout it from mountain tops. I'm entitled to the best life I can live. We all are. So, cheers to you and to us. May we continue to push each other to grow in every which way. <3


Love Always,

Dezi

No comments:

Post a Comment

28 Revolutions

     Today I am celebrating my 28th birthday. Honestly, I love getting older and learning more about myself and my place in this big, big wo...