Thursday, February 9, 2017

Cruz

    Strength is a legacy that the women of my family carry. Strong and bright colored Mexican roots flow through my body. With beauty and grace comes stubbornness and pride. I've been blessed to be born of a strong and independent mother, descended of resilient grandmothers. There's nothing more beautiful than the bloodline I come from. I am from a country where we had nothing. We've been a poor farm working family. We are women that come from dirt, dry and barren lands and flourish into wild flowers.
     The last couple months have been full of anger, fright and just an all consuming sadness. I've cried, I've screamed, prayed and still I feel weary. It's like there is a pit in my stomach that has been growing into my lunges and is taking my air. It's reaching into my throat and taking my words. I have so much faith, but right now in these moments all I can think of is my grandmother. Her pain, what she's afraid of, her worries and how I wish I could take that all away. Her sister died of the same disease. It weighs heavy on the heart of my family. We trust that the doctors can get a hold and destroy this cancer. We have hope and faith. She is irrepressible and nothing can wear her down. I can only hope that one day I will be as resilient as the women who have raised me.
     She is full of love and beauty. I am bless to share the same smile with her. My stubborn ways are her mark in me. The deep caring nature she's blessed me with I'll forever hold dear. From the curls on my head to the uncontrollable laugh that hits when we joke around, that's her in me. My grandmother. She's mine. And something is taking over her body. It started at her chest and now its deeper in her. She is strong and together we will fight it off. Although we are physically apart, we are always together.

This week I ask for prayers and healing energy for my grandmother.
Thank you!

With all my love,
Dezi


No comments:

Post a Comment

28 Revolutions

     Today I am celebrating my 28th birthday. Honestly, I love getting older and learning more about myself and my place in this big, big wo...