Seriously though, what an epic, auspicious feeling this year has. 2020. It's the beginning of a new decade. Um, whoa! Our generation has experienced the turn of the century, iPhones, dating apps, and now we are back to the 20's - the new age 20's of course, but it is pretty cool to say. Really this is the decade where most of us will get married, buy our first homes, have kids, ultimately make big life decisions. I'm definitely shaking in my boots. Shaking out of excitement and thrill!
Most of you know that I felt called to move to Texas last year. But the way life works, God made sure I did it in His time and not mine. So, as January rolled around the corner I got ready to make the jump. God asking me to uproot my very comfortable, busy life is nothing less than jarring. I've always known I would move from California but like way later in life. Staying in Los Angeles would mean I'd continue to feel stuck in the busy-body routine that I was living. I really enjoyed the work I was doing. I was so blessed with being apart of families who trusted me to care for their children. Honestly, they took care of me... I'm a great babysitter, promise! Bonding with kids is literally my favorite thing in the whole world and they will forever have a huge place in my heart. One of the sweet babes said "Miss Dezi, you are totally invited to my wedding." She's five!!! My heart literally melted, just a puddle on the ground, go ahead just splash all up in it. Lucy girl, I am holding you to it!
For a while I felt so selfish to want to move, to dare leave. But God's call on my life is so much bigger than my bleeding heart. For that I am grateful. He has given me purpose and people to encourage, support and love me through it all. *Shout out to my people, back home and here! I almost needed to move to know how supported and loved I am. That sounds so crazy, saying it out loud. I am almost embarrassed of not truly understanding it before. I do now though. In the uncomfortable I know I am being stretched and the growth is incomparable. I have prayer warriors! God's grace is enough and I feel free. Whew, that feels so good.
So January 2nd, my parents and godparents helped me pack my car and Mom and I drove off at first light. The road to East Texas totaled about 36 hours. We sang, we talked and snacked all the drive long. We arrived in Nacogdoches, Texas on Friday night with the warmest welcome and I knew in my heart this was exactly where I need to be for a while. The entire weekend I met beautiful people and had so much fun! Of course everyone was obsessed with my mom and called her momma all weekend. My heart is so full, it is overflowing with gratefulness and love. The kindness I've received really is proof that Texas is the Friend state. I've started work this week and next week I start back at school. I am so ready for what is to come but for now I am enjoying this very moment with my cup of joe and delicious blueberry scone. (Side note:Ya'll we have a blueberry festival in the summer. Be still my heart.) I will revel in the mercies of the Lord and soak up all the feelings.
My hope for us all is that we are stepping into this new season with open hearts and open hands, ready to welcome the blessings that are coming our way. I'm not saying it'll be easy like Sunday morning, 'cause who's Sundays are always easy? Amirite?! But that we are willing to endure the difficult and the uncomfortable for the promise that we would be blessed with peace and freedom.
All my love,
Dezi
Pslams 27:14 "Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous..."
No comments:
Post a Comment